20050625

the meme next door

kitchen kewpie 2

i was tagged by melissa, for nicky and oliver's the cook next door meme; it's the start of the weekend, so a little speed meme-ing is in order....

What is your first memory of baking/cooking on your own?
my first experience with an easy bake oven was basically "it's a #$%^ing lightbulb?!" i stalked off in disgust. and no, i wasn't 23 at the time, fools.


Who had the most influence on your cooking?
who invented the microwave?


Do you have an old photo as “evidence” of an early exposure to the culinary world and would you like to share it?
no.

Mageiricophobia - do you suffer from any cooking phobia, a dish that makes your palms sweat?
please do not boil me alive. i also would not like to be stuffed in a working pizza oven.

What would be your most valued or used kitchen gadgets and/or what was the biggest letdown?
most valued: a fork. biggest letdown: a fork.

Name some funny or weird food combinations/dishes you really like - and probably no one else!
i've seen what other people eat; nothing i eat can top that.

What are the three eatables or dishes you simply don’t want to live without?
salt, garlic, ginger.

Three quickies:

Your favorite ice-cream…

whatever sounds best when i want some.

You will probably never eat…
anything that will cause an allergic reaction. or death.

Your own signature dish…
light blue, concave. about six inches in diameter. :)


Added by Chefdoc…
Any signs that this passion is going slightly over the edge and may need intervention?
i blog, and i need to go to the gym.

Added by Melissa…
What's on your all-time foodie dream list? (gadgets, destinations, restaurants, dishes to try...)
a faster metabolism.

Added by me…
Have you ever poisoned/sickened anyone with your cooking? Was it deliberate?
maybe. why? what have you heard?

NEXT! i'm tapping mandingo jones, amy, and dilek.

update: i've tagged a fourth person, shuna--hope no one minds!

16 comments:

I like that you don't take yourself so seriously - love the favorite dish comment.

hi gail! apparently you're the only one.

next!

No she's not! (Though my personal favorite is the Easy Bake Oven disappointment.)

once when I lived in a house with no heat and it was below freezing outside for a few weeks I used to have these wonderful dreams that I was climbing into the back of the bread ovens at work and going to sleep.

hi cathy--did you have the same disappointment? my cousin's kid had the same reaction to her easy bake oven, and refuses to use it.

hi shuna! i should've tapped you for this meme, is it too late? are you interested? eeeee about your dreams though. brings a whole new meaning to "toasty".

No, the Easy Bake Oven remained an unattainable dream throughout my childhood, and I don't think I found out about the light bulb until I was playing with the real deal.

i think i was more of a tomboy as a kid, but i really think ella's too sophisticated for a light bulb, and she's only six!

Hi Santos,

We both had our first with an Easy Bake. Amazing! =P

I ended up covered in chocolate goop posing as cake frosting...boy did I get into trouble.

Ha! What a grumpy meme.

>We both had our first with an Easy Bake.

gosh, reid, that sounds so dirty.

>I ended up covered in chocolate goop posing as cake frosting...

er, ditto.

anthony--you'd be grumpy too if you were trapped in an invisible box and wore stupid face paint. anyway, it's too difficult to be a silent meme.

Hi santos you tapped me for this meme!? I hope I can do it with my english! I will give my best!

hi dilek! you don't have to do it in english--whatever is most comfortable for you.

Santos!!

you would be the fist ever person to tag me for anything and I would be honored and I might even blush.

shuna--whether i'm "allowed" to tag you or not, considered yourself tagged! meme away....

Hi,
I just linked to you from Eggbeater (where I was tagging poor Shuna for a meme!) He's right--your answers are fabulous. Too funny. Thanks for the smiles. Looking forward to discovering more of your blog!

hi farmgirl! you've got a wonderful blog--i am looking forward to reading through it as well!