20050110

ice cream sandwich, the holiday edition

ice cream sandwich

chocolate cookie ice cream sandwiches with peppermint ice cream. those ginger snaps didn't really do it for me flava-wise, so instead of messing around with finding something gingery i'd like, i omitted the ginger and cloves altogether, added a half-cup of powdered cocoa (or was it a cup?), and mecca lecca hi mecca hiney ho! i gots me some funky cinnamon chocolate cookies. i made a double batch to fill a loaf pan to get double-wides, paired 'em off with some peppermint ice cream, rolled 'em in crushed candy canes, and here's my new favourite xmas treat.

4 comments:

That looks so yummy!

Jambi!

"Giant Sandwiches" used to be my fave ice cream but the biccy and the ice cream stayed where they were and I moved on (not to mention that they got proportionally smaller to my hands). Brilliant.

hi toni

they are tasty. and they are so big that i still have a couple in my freezer--you can feed 3-4 people off of one of these!

anthony

oh how weird. i've been thinking about making my own version of the giant for a couple of weeks now, and today i was toying with making my own giant-esque ice cream label for the recipe journal and for the green bananas giant. stay tuned.

hi santos, is the picture upside down or have I drunk too much wine??